Senin, 03 Mei 2010

Interview with Danny Diablo



1. How big is the influence of Oi! culture in NYC hardcore, and what are the factors?

Warzone was very influenced by oi. So were many N.Y.H.C. bands from the scene growing up. Y.D.L was another band. I think we all loved the rock n' roll working class sing a longs.

2. Could you please tell us about DMS Crew?

DRUGS, MONEY & SEX!!! BROTHERHOOD... enuff said.

3. In the song "Mechanic", Necro mentions about DMS as an independent DIY. What is the DIY concept from your perspective?

Well Necro and I do everything ourselves. We are underground artist and he says PLR - DMS - DIY Psychological Records & D.M.S united and strong. We are brothers from different crews. Necro is my nigga. We are homeboys.

4. Why now you're going to hip hop and what made you to choose a different direction? What's the similarity with Hardcore culture?

Been doing the hip-hop thing for several years now... Underground Hardcore & Hip-hop share the same struggle and strifes with the fans. Both talk about the streets. I think hardcore kids are way iller then hip-hop kids!!! Every gang from the hardcore /punk scene turn out to be nuts!!! Watch gangland and see how many real prison and street gangs have formed due to the hardcore/punk scene!!!

5. How did Tim Armstrong get involved as a producer in 'Thugcore for life" album?

Tim Armstrong and I are boys. He is a talented dude. I met Tim in 1994 when I beat down these punks who jumped my brother Lars from Rancid. We been friends ever since that day and he has always supported my music. I love his music and he is a great producer. The Thug-core 4 Life album had a few songs produced by him and my new record International Hardcore Superstar is on his label Hellcat Records!!! He produced on this record also with me.

6. Do you still consider Harley Cromags as your foe?
I grew up as a fan of Harley. I then became a friend later on. I just had one beef with him and he was in the wrong. I tried to squash it but he pulled a fucked up move. I had to make that song "G#dz Of War". I dissed him once and that was it...
He knows what is up and I wish that we can be friends again one day. It is over and I hopoe he dosen't act up again cause I don't want to fuck him up cause I really do got love for him.

7. Any last shouts to the Indonesian scene?

I can't wait to play Indonesia. If anyone wants Skarhead or Danny Diablo to play out there please hit Don Capria @ 110 management. You can google search him. He is my manager.
Thank you and D.M.S 4 Life!!!
D.D.